Taylor, Charles B. The Presbytery of Athens. McArthur, Ohio: Press of the Logan Republican, c.1895. First Edition. 
Stiff paper covers, 5 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches, top right corner bumped and visible on all pages. 156 pp., illustrated (many portraits from photos). Old white label on spine and a few pencil numbers within from an historical society library. Good. Paperback.
"The Presbytery of Athens, Synod of Ohio, is the legal successor of the Presbytery of Hocking (Old School) and the Presbytery of Athens (New School). These two Presbyteries became one by order of the Synod in 1870...We have the records of the Presbytery of Hocking back to its organization in 1843..." Earlier records had been lost due to a fire in the home of the stated clerk in 1857. The lacking earlier history has been put together from other sources, such as memoirs and local histories.