Carner, E. R. E. D. Whiteside, The Praying Man of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh, Pa.: Gospel Tabernacle, Christian and Missionary Alliance, 1929. First Edition. 
Blue cloth, 5 x 7 1/2 inches, gilt title rubbed at spine, portrait frontispiece of Whiteside, 174 pp., a few pp. with pencil underlining and/or marginalia,. Good. Hardcover.
Edward Drury Whiteside (1848-1927), b. St. John, New Brunswick; d. Pittsburgh, PA. Rev. Whiteside began his ministry in 1870 on Prince Edward Island with the Methodist Episcopal Church. After leaving the ministry due to poor health, he moved to Pittsburgh in 1877 and opened an insurance agency. After experiencing diving healing in 1889 he founded a rescue mission in Pittsburgh, which became the Northside Gospel Tabernacle. Rev. Whiteside, along with his congregation, joined the Christian and Missionary Alliance in 1894. He was known as "the praying man of Pittsburgh," and was often called upon to pray at revival and conference meetings. Whiteside was responsible for establishing 15 CMA branches in western Pennsylvania, and "trained a generation of CMA pastors and missionaries," founding in 1923 the Pittsburgh Training School.
"A close personal friend of Holiness evangelist G. D. Watson, Whiteside was probably the most significant Wesleyan advocate of full salvation among first-generation CMA leaders. he signed the call for the 1901 General Holiness Assembly and served as president of the Pittsburgh Holiness Association (1900s-1920s)." - Kostlevy, The A to Z of the Holiness Movement.