Arundel, John; et al. The Evangelical Magazine and Missionary Chronicle. 1841; The Profits of this Work are applied to the Relief of the Widows of Gospel Ministers of different denominations. London: Thomas Ward and Co., 1841. First Edition.
Quarter calf, marbled boards, 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, even wear, no damage, a handsome volume. Recent former owner's signature on the front paste-down, 1861 inscription on ffep; iv., 672 clean pp., tight.
Engraved portraits of John Morison; Rev. W. L. Alexander, M.A., of Edinburgh; Rev. Alfred Pope, of Leamington; Rev. J. J. Freeman, Walthamstow (Late of Madagascar); Rev. James Scott, Missionary, Demerara; Rev. E. Henderson, D.D., Ph.D., Highbury; Rev. John Alexander, Norwich; Rev. Joseph Slatterie, Chatham; John Woodward, of London; Rev. N. S. S. Beman, D.D., Troy, United States; Rev. Richard Cope, LL.D., Penryn, Cornwall; and Rev. H. J. Hump, Chaplain of the Protestant Dissenters' Grammar School, Mill Hill. Good. 
This periodical began in 1793 and some form of it continued until 1904. It was aimed at Calvinists within the evangelical movement in Great Britain and was supported by both churchmen and independents. It strongly supported evangelism and revivals, as well as giving thoughtful articles in theology, biography, missionary society reports, book reviews, &c.