Chapin, Walter [editor]. The Evangelical Monitor for the year ending April, 1824, containing the Principal Transactions of Benevolent Societies, Accounts of Revivals of Religion, together with Moral and Religious Essays. Volume III. Woodstock, Vt.: David Watson, Printer, 1823-24. First Edition.
Full calf, black leather spine title label, small square scuff beneath it, binding very good, 5 1/4 x 8 3/4 inches, 2013 owner's signature on on front paste-down, his round emboss stamp on title page. Lacks the front free end papers. 446 pp. with general title page and index. A few pages with smudging/stains, yet most clean. Page edges dyed yellow. 26 issues spanning May 3, 1823 to April 17, 1824. Very good. Full calf. 
Not in Roberts. There are microfilm copies of this scarce periodical with dates 1822 to 1824.
Revival accounts are from Randolph; New-York; Boston; Chester, N. H.; Killingly, Conn.; Somers, Conn.; Charlestown; Charleston, S. C.; Wales; Millington; in Newgate Prison; and among the Mohawk Indians.
Other articles of interest include Intellectual Faculties of Africans; Mission at Ava; Destruction of the Methodist Chapel at Barbadoes; David Brown, the Cherokee; Cataraugus Mission; Cherokee Mission; Chickasaw Mission; Choctaw Mission; Mission among Creek Indians; Moral State of Florida Indians; Inauguration of Rev. Heman Humphrey; Want of ministers in Virginia and Ohio; Obituary of Miss Catherine Brown [Cherokee Convert]; Osage Mission; Mission among the Ottawas; Mission on Sandwich Islands; Seneca Mission; Conversion of Seneca Chief; Slaves in America; Universal Salvation Renounced.
"On the 8th of March, 1821, Rev. Walter Chapin, pastor of the Congregational Church in this place, put forth the prospectus of a small missionary paper, called the Evangelical Monitor. It was to be published once a fortnight, at fifty cents a year....For various reasons, however, the Evangelical Monitor, at the end of the second year, was discontinued, though in many respects it was quite a meritorious publication." - Dana, History of Woodstock, Vermont (1889) p. 252.